Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Waiting...(and poking!)...and waiting...(and poking!)...and waiting...

I heard back from the Doctor on Friday to say that I'd have to have more blood work done. Not exactly the news I was hoping for, but no biggie. I never went in to details on here as to what went on in the appointment so I'll quickly try to sum it up. He said it was NOT cancerous (Yay for answered prayers!!!) He said that we would need to determine if it was hormone or non-hormone producing. Here's the scenario's: Non-hormone producing we will just watch it by doing an MRI every 6 months for the first 3 years, then once annually. If my results came back that it was non-hormone producing I wouldn't have to have any more bloodwork. This was what I was hoping it was. Hormone producing: I'd have to take a steroid pill to see what my cortisone levels did and then it would either be treated with surgery or medication, depending on my levels. Friday's call was to let me know that I did need to go ahead and take the steroid pill and then have blood work done the following morning. Because I had to take the pill and have more blood work I'm only making an assumption that it is a hormone producing tumor, but who knows. Maybe he wanted to be extra cautious and everything is fine :) Regardless of what is going on, I'm ready to KNOW. Even if the answer isn't one that I want to hear I'm ready to know what the course of treatment is and I'm ready to deal with this thing. I want to FEEL better again!!! I have to say that overall I HAVE felt better the past few weeks (because of all of you praying for me) but I'm no where near 'normal' feeling, I'm sure due to my thyroid levels being off. Thank you for all of the sweet and loving messages. I appreciate everyone so much. (Case refused to be apart of our picture!)

2 comments:

  1. OK...well, step one is over now on to the next step....glad at least something is being done!!!We will keep the prayers and thoughts going your way....love to all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! You are am AMAZING WONDERFUL PERSON!! I am so proud of you for being so STRONG!! Ty says he loves you too!!

    ReplyDelete